I'm Katy and I run the Arty & Crafty Camp in Dubai, UAE.
I've always combined my love of the arts, crafting and working with children... I volunteered at a childcare center in the UK, was a nanny in Canada and spent time as a summer-camp counsellor in Berkeley, California, USA.
After graduating from the University of Kent with a qualification in graphic design, I decided to travel the world. I've been to over 65 countries and have visited all seven continents.
I'm a freelance graphic designer and photographer and share my professional experience and knowledge with the Bear Cubs at the Arty & Crafty Camp.
I draw upon all these experiences and knowledge of cultural understanding to provide a unique, educational and extremely fun and creative environment.
The Arty & Crafty Camp is a place where creativity and imagination are nurtured. It’s structured, educational and lots of fun which encourages artistic development.
The Camp is limited to a maximum of 6 children. Each Bear Cub receives individual attention to make sure their unique interests are catered for, I wholeheartedly encourage individual expression and creativity.
Alongside the arts and crafts I will talk to your child about art history, famous artists and why art is important. We will share ideas and individual opinions will be encouraged. I believe that making art develops problem-solving skills, encourages creativity and promotes self-confidence. We provide a judgment-free, safe environment where your child can express themselves and have lots of fun.
We’ll draw, colour, stamp, collage, stick, craft, learn, get a bit messy, laugh, dance, print, share and let our imaginations run wild!
• The Arty & Crafty Camp is in my apartment in Dubai Marina, near to Media City. Other than the registered children’s parents or nanny’s, no other individuals will have access to the Camp. The building is safe and secure and has professional and friendly security staff present 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Camp runs from 2pm-6pm, Sunday-Thursday (weekends can be accomodated for an additional fee and are on a request basis).
• The camp is open to children of mixed genders, ages 5-13 years. If you’d prefer an age or a gender specific Camp day, please get in touch. I’m afraid I can’t guarantee availability, but will certainly do my best to accommodate your requests.
• Healthy snacks and drinks will be provided. For special occasions such as birthdays I will usually provide small cakes, so please let me know of any allergies, dietary requirements or other specifics on the registration form.
• All materials I use are child-safe and non-toxic.
• Each session is AED250 and includes all materials and healthy snacks & drinks
• A first aid kit will be on site at all times for small scrapes and I've had child specific first aid training in both North America and Europe.
If you have any further concerns, questions or requests then please call me on 04 276-1960 or email me at email@example.com